California Passenger Rail Summit – April 28-29, 2015, Sacramento, California
Representatives from many agencies participated in the recent California Passenger Rail Summit, an annual advocacy event aimed to raise the awareness of the benefits of California’s passenger rail network. Passenger rail officials, rail advocates, elected officials, planning and land use officials and staff convened to celebrate the success of California’s passenger rail services and to strategize for our future. The event brought together all interested parties to help develop advocacy strategies that will form partnerships across California between passenger rail agencies and communities to educate local, state, and federal agencies on the need for a funding program to support passenger rail.
At the summit, participants discussed the above challenges and explored ways to improve the state’s passenger rail services to meet the needs of our passengers and the communities these trains serve. We are pleased to share several of the presentations from the summit.
For more information about the California Passenger Rail Summit, please visit the website – www.californiapassengerrailsummit.com
2015 California Passenger Rail Summit Presentations
- A Transformative Investment in California’s Future – Dan Richard, California High Speed Rail Authority
- Who We Are – Peter Osbourn, Federal Railroad Administration
- Statewide Rail Modernization & Network Integration – Chad Edison, California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA)
- ACE Forward – Stacey Mortensen, San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission
- Caltrain Modernization Program – Marian Lee, Caltrain
- Pacific Surfliner Rail Service Update – David Golonski, LOSSAN
- Service Integration: Service Integration for Our Grandkids – Jim Allison, Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA)
- Caltrans NGEC Railcars and Locomotives Overview and Updates – Stan Hunter, Caltrans Division of Rail
- Station Development Update – Melissa DuMond, California High Speed Rail Authority
- Panel 4 – Transportation & Tourism, Collaboration is Critical
- Funding California’s Passenger Rail Services – Sharon Greene, HDR
- Innnovative Transportation Financing – Art Guzzetti, American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- 2015 Federal Rail Legislation – Karen Hedlund, Parsons Brinckerhoff
Download the 2014 California’s Intercity Passenger Rail Program Brochure – Connecting Cities, Connecting Regions, Connecting People
California Passenger Rail Leadership Advocacy Forum- April 11, 2013
On April 11, 2013, many agencies participated in the California Passenger Rail Leadership Advocacy Forum, an inaugural event aimed to raise the awareness of the benefits of California’s passenger rail network. Below are several presentations given during the 2013 event.
- California’s Infrastructure Crisis Capital Corridor v.1
- Capitol Corridor Vision Presentation April 2013
- Downtown Railyards Sac Valley Station Presentation April 2013
- Emeryville Station Area
- LOSSAN SIP Final PPT (CA Rail Advocacy Forum – Apr 2013)
- Sacramento Forum 041113 v2
- Vice Chair Perea SJJPA Presentation April 11 2013
Cause for Celebration
Capitol Corridor recently celebrated its 20th anniversary. View the Cause for Celebration brochure which outlines the economic benefits Capitol Corridor brings to the communities we serve.
California Intercity Rail: Keeping a Success Story On Track
This video showcases the successes of the State of California’s 18-year investment in passenger rail, featuring the Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, and San Joaquin rail lines.