Half-off fares for seniors age 62 and over. Plan a mid-week getaway and save 50% on fares when you travel any Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday through August 31, 2017, on the Capitol Corridor.
How to Purchase Your Discount Fare
Booking your trip on Capitol Corridor couldn’t be easier. Here are your booking options:
- Online by clicking the “Buy Now” button below,
- From an agent at a STAFFED STATION,
- From a QUIK-TRAK ticket vending machine located at stations, or
- Onboard the train from an UNSTAFFED station.
Be sure to enter DISCOUNT CODE V163 when booking at a QUIK-TRAK machine to receive the 50% discount.
We’ll Get You Where You Want to Go
The Capitol Corridor route stretches between San Jose and Sacramento/Auburn, with direct service to exciting destinations, as well as Northern California’s premier sports & entertainment venues, including O.co Coliseum in Oakland, SAP Center in San Jose, Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, and the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento.
Day trips to Sacramento are easy on the Capitol Corridor—enjoy the ambiance of Old Sacramento, ride bikes on the American River Bicycle Trail, or bring the grandkids to the California State Railroad Museum. You can bring up to 2 children ages 2-12 with you for half off the adult fare!
If you’re looking for unique artisan shopping, head to the Fourth Street shopping area in Berkeley. You’ll find one-of-a-kind shoe and clothing boutiques, fine gifts, home décor, and specialty bookstores, as well as local dining favorites such as Bette’s Diner, Spenger’s, and Tacubaya.
You can also catch a play or musical in San Francisco. Capitol Corridor has connecting bus service to the city, plus direct connections at the Richmond and Oakland Coliseum stations to Bay Area Area Rapid Transit (BART), which has several stations in downtown San Francisco, conveniently-located near world-class shopping, museums, and tourist attractions.
Let us do the driving while you relax and enjoy the view. It’s a low-stress way to get out and get away.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid for 50% off the regular (full) adult rail fare for senior citizens only.
- Valid for sale April 4 – August 31, 2017.
- Valid for travel April 4 – August 31, 2017, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
- Blackouts apply the following days: Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
- Valid for travel on the Capitol Corridor and associated Thruways, except not valid on the 7000-8999 Thruway series.
- Valid for Coach seats.
- Up to two (2) children (ages 2 – 12) may accompany each senior citizen at half the • regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older.
- Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all days.
- Fares are subject to availability.
- In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
- Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
- Not combinable with any other discount offer.
- Other restrictions may apply.