If you love food, you’ll love the Eat Real Festival, which is returning to Oakland’s Jack London Square September 23 to 25, 2016. The Eat Real Festival is a family affair, combining a state fair, a street-food festival, and a block party to create a celebration of good food.
Capitol Corridor is giving away two Grand Prize Festival Packages with a full VIP experience. The two lucky winners will receive:
- 2 souvenir glasses
- 2 drink tickets
- 2 wine/spirits tasting tickets (for winners that are 21 and over)
- 1 signed cookbook from the founder of Eat Real Fest, Anya Fernald
- 1 VIP goodie bag to carry it all
- Have a favorite food? Take a picture of it.
- Upload your picture in the comments section below our Eat Real Facebook post.
The contest will end at Midnight on Sunday, September 18 and we will choose two lucky winners on Monday, September 19.
Winners can pick-up their prize package onsite at the Eat Real Festival Volunteer Check-In office anytime during festival hours:
Friday, 9/23 – 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday, 9/24 – 10:30 am to 9:00 pm
Sunday, 9/25 – 10:30 am to 5:00 pm
Terms & Conditions are listed below for more information about the giveaway:
OFFICIAL RULES: “EAT REAL” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VALID ONLY IN CALIFORNIA. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
- Entry: Each participant will need to do the following to be entered into the Promotion: 1) Go to the “Eat Real” sweepstakes post at www.facebook.com/capitolcorridor, and 2) Post an entry photo as indicated, and have the post be public so the Capitol Corridor can see the photo and comment. The Capitol Corridor has the right to remove photos or comments that are deemed inappropriate. Interested participants should be aware that public libraries have free internet access that can be utilized for participation in this promotion.
- By completing and submitting the sweepstakes registration during the promotion period, each participant will earn one (1) sweepstakes entry. Limit of one (1) entry per participant during the promotion period.
- Sponsor is the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (hereinafter “Capitol Corridor”), 300 Lakeside Dr., 14th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to U.S. legal residents of the State of California (participating from within the State of California) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, or any Eat Real Festival employees, and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, spouses, children, siblings or grandparents and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules as stated herein.
- Drawing: Around Sept. 19, 2016, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing for a chance to win two (2) “Eat Real” Festival grand prize packages. Potential winner will be notified by email by the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on Sept. 19. If potential winner does not respond within 24 hours, or if the prize notification is returned as undelivered, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected via random drawing. Providing that all eligibility requirements are met, the potential winner must claim the prize at Sponsor’s headquarters in Oakland, CA, (see address in Paragraph 1) during regular working hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or another location and time specified by Sponsor.
- Except where prohibited by law, the potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) prior to claiming prize. Affidavit must be returned within fourteen (14) calendar days or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- Prizes/Odds. Sponsor will award a total of two (2) prize packages. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation, federal, state and local sales, income taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. No prize substitutions or cash equivalent of prize is permitted.
- Prizes are prize packages including the following: 2 souvenir glasses; 2 drink tickets; 2 wine/spirits tasting tickets (for winners 21 and older) or substitute 2 Eat Real T-shirts for winners under 21 years old; 1 signed cookbook from festival founder, Anya Fernald; and 1 VIP goodie bag.
- WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winner’s List. For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by Oct. 15, 2016 to: Capitol Corridor Win Sweepstakes, 300 Lakeside Dr., 14th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.