In anticipation of the busiest travel week of the year, the Capitol Corridor is prepared to accommodate the surge of Thanksgiving travelers with extra equipment and additional capacity. Tickets sell out quickly, so customers are encouraged to plan ahead and book early. Capitol Corridor service will run according to the Weekend/Holiday Schedule on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, as well as the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 29.
The Capitol Corridor train operates between Auburn/Sacramento and San Jose, including service to Berkeley and Oakland, with convenient connections to Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) at the Richmond and Oakland Coliseum stations, as well as connecting bus service to downtown San Francisco and other destinations throughout California, including Truckee, Reno, Santa Rosa, Redding, Santa Cruz, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara.
ADDITIONAL CONNECTING BUS TRIPS BETWEEN GROVER BEACH AND SAN JOSE
The Capitol Corridor also serves a number of colleges and universities, offering students at UC Davis, UC Berkeley, Santa Clara University, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, Chico State, Humboldt State, and more an easy and convenient ride home for the holiday.
To meet the high travel demand, the Capitol Corridor has arranged for extra holiday service on its bus route between Grover Beach (GVB) and the San Jose-Diridon Station (SJC). This route directly serves the Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo campus (SLP). Following are the extra trips, available in the booking system:
Friday, November 22, Northbound
– Bus 6234 will depart Grover Beach at 8am (same as Weekend/Holiday schedule) and arrive in San Jose at 12pm to connect with Train 532 departing San Jose at 12:20pm.
Saturday, November 23 & Sunday, December 1, Northbound
– Bus 6228 will depart Grover Beach at 5:50am and arrive in San Jose at 9:50am to connect with Train 728 departing San Jose at 10:10am.
– Bus 6288 will depart Grover Beach at 11:50am and arrive in San Jose at 3:50pm to connect with Train 738 departing San Jose at 4:13pm.
Saturday, November 23 & Sunday, December 1, Southbound
– Bus 6229, connecting from Train 729 that arrives in San Jose at 12:06, will depart San Jose at 12:15pm and arrive in Grover Beach at 4:15pm.
– Bus 6241, connecting from Train 741 that arrives in San Jose at 5:10pm, will depart San Jose at 5:25pm and arrive in Grover Beach at 9:25pm.
Through the Capitol Corridor’s Stride On Board discount and rewards program, students can save 15% on individual trips with California Everyday Discounts (Blackout dates apply November 20-24, 2019), or save 25% on a six-ride ticket good for one year from the date of purchase (No Black out dates with the six-ride ticket.)
ON BOARD AMENITIES
Capitol Corridor trains feature comfortable seating and offer a wide variety of amenities, including free wi-fi, electrical outlets in each row, bike racks, an on-board Café Car with seasonal sandwiches, snacks and beverages, and much more.
Route and fare information, ticketing and reservations are available at capitolcorridor.org or via the Amtrak app. Tickets can be printed in advance, or riders using a smartphone or mobile device can open the ticket in their email and present it to the conductor.
For service updates, news, and promotions, passengers can connect directly with the Capitol Corridor by signing up for news and alerts or following us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @CapitolCorridor.