On Monday, June 17, 2019, a new schedule will go into effect for the Capitol Corridor’s train and bus services, reducing overall train travel time between Sacramento and San Jose by approximately five minutes. Departure and/or arrival times will change by at least one minute, in some cases 15 minutes, for all weekday trains as well as many weekend trains.
Bus Schedules and New Signs
Some bus schedules will also be adjusted, but only to allow for a seamless connection to or from the rescheduled trains. Bus passengers may also notice our newly-designed signage at bus stops along the route! Instead of an image of the schedule (that needs to be replaced every year or so), the signs now have a QR code that links to the schedule on our website. This helps us save money on printing, as well as installation time!
Multi-Ride Fares to Increase Saturday, June 15
The fares for Capitol Corridor 45-day tickets and monthly tickets will increase on Saturday, June 15, by approximately two percent, as outlined in the Capitol Corridor’s Annual Business Plan. No fare increases are planned in FY 2019-20 for single-ride tickets. The fare charts for multi-ride tickets will be updated soon on the Capitol Corridor website.
NEW SCHEDULE HIGHLIGHTS
Weekday Eastbound Trains – To Sacramento/Auburn
The schedules for all Weekday Eastbound trains will change. Those eastbound trains with earlier departure times are:
- Train 528 will depart San Jose 10 minutes earlier at 9:08am and arrive in Sacramento 15 minutes earlier at 12:17pm.
- Train 538 will depart San Jose 2 minutes earlier at 3:08pm and arrive in Sacramento 7 minutes earlier at 6:17pm.
- Train 542 will depart 3 minutes earlier at 4:17pm and arrive in Sacramento 8 minutes earlier at 7:21pm.
- Train 546 will depart San Jose 4 minutes earlier at 5:46pm and arrive in Sacramento 9 minutes earlier at 8:50pm.
Weekday Westbound Trains – To Oakland/San Jose
The schedules for all Weekday Westbound trains will change. One westbound train will have an earlier departure time:
- Train 547 will depart Sacramento 3 minutes earlier at 5:52pm and arrive in San Jose 8 minutes earlier at 9:05pm.
Weekend Eastbound Trains – To Sacramento/Auburn
The schedules of Weekend Eastbound trains will change. Two eastbound trains will have earlier departure times:
- Train 728 will depart San Jose 5 minutes earlier at 10:05am and arrive in Sacramento 10 minutes earlier at 1:09pm.
- Train 732 will depart 2 minute earlier at 1:03pm and arrive in Sacramento 7 minutes earlier at 4:07pm.
Weekend Westbound Trains – To Oakland/San Jose
The schedules of Weekend Westbound trains will change. Four of those westbound trains will have earlier departure times.
- Train 727 will depart Sacramento 2 minutes earlier at 8:08am and arrive in San Jose 7 minutes earlier at 11:11am.
- Train 729 will depart Auburn 14 minutes earlier at 8:01am and arrive in San Jose 19 minutes earlier at 12:06pm.
- Train 741 will depart Sacramento 3 minutes earlier at 2:07pm and arrive in San Jose 8 minutes earlier at 5:10pm.
- Train 743 will depart Sacramento 9 minutes earlier at 3:46pm and arrive in San Jose 14 minutes earlier at 6:54pm.
We encourage passengers who use the above-mentioned trains to plan accordingly for travel beginning on June 17; we don’t want you to miss your train!
View the New Schedule
The new schedule is available on the Schedules page of the Capitol Corridor website and is integrated into the booking system for trips with travel dates after June 16.
Book your travel today at RideCCRail.com!