Do you live green and sustainably? If so, show us your green lifestyle between Saturday, April 1, and Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, by submitting images with the hashtag #22DaysofGreen that best capture how you, and your friends and family, are helping the environment. It could be a picture from your train commute, your family working in the garden, or a group of friends hiking. You can also share pictures that illustrate new ideas and tips such as recycling or repurposing hacks.
Post the photos to one of three social media accounts – Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Use the hashtag #22DaysofGreen and tag us @CapitolCorridor with your photos. Don’t forget to tell others to participate!
On Monday, April 24, we will pick one lucky winner among those who submitted images and they will win four round-trip tickets on the Capitol Corridor! After choosing the winner, we will share all of the submitted images throughout the month.
Terms & Conditions are listed below for more information:
- Participation: Each participant will need to post an image with the hashtag: “#22DaysofGreen” at one of Capitol Corridor’s social media platforms: facebook.com/capitolcorridor, www.twitter.com/capitolcorridor, and www.instagram.com/capitolcorridor. The promotion period is from April 1 through April 22, and the images must be posted as “Public” so the Capitol Corridor can view and comment. The Capitol Corridor has the right to remove photos that are deemed inappropriate. Interested participants should be aware that public libraries have free internet access that can be utilized for participation.
- By submitting an image during the promotion period, each participant will earn one (1) submission per day. Limit of one (1) submission per participant per day during the above-mentioned submission period.
- Sponsor is the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (hereinafter “Capitol Corridor”), 300 Lakeside Dr., 14th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612.
- Eligibility: This is open only to U.S. legal residents of the State of California (participating from within the State of California) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of sweepstakes. Employees and agents of Sponsor, or any Capitol Corridor employees, and their immediate family members and persons residing in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, spouses, children, siblings or grandparents and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. This is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in the Official Rules as stated herein.
- Drawing: Around April 24, 2017, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing for a chance to win one (1) round-trip train ticket for four (4) people. Potential winner will be notified by email or suggested platforms by the close of business (5:00 p.m.) on April 24. If potential winner does not respond within 48 hours, or if the prize notification is returned as undelivered, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected via random drawing. Providing that all eligibility requirements are met, the potential winner must provide an email address to which the electronic train ticket voucher can be sent.
- Except where prohibited by law, the potential winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Ownership/Liability Release and Publicity Release (the “Affidavit”) prior to claiming prize. Affidavit must be returned within fourteen (14) calendar days or prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. In the event of noncompliance with these requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.
- Prizes/Odds. Sponsor will award a total of one (1) prize. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible submissions received. Winner is responsible for all taxes on prizes and expenses, including, without limitation, federal, state and local sales, income taxes, and any other costs incurred in claiming or using the prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. No prize substitutions or cash equivalent of prize is permitted.
- Prizes are prize packages including the following: a voucher letter for one (1) round-trip train travel for four people on the Capitol Corridor train. Train travel must be taken within one year.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winner’s List. For winners’ names, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 30, 2017 to: Capitol Corridor, 300 Lakeside Dr., 14thFloor, Oakland, CA 94612.