The Capitol Corridor welcomes business, social and school groups to hop aboard, explore the exciting destinations along our route, and take advantage of great discounts offered under our group travel program.
Connecting bus service in and out of San Francisco may no longer be used by groups. This change comes a part of a planned relocation from the staffed Temporary Transbay Terminal to an unstaffed location, an increase in the cost of bus operations, and a reduction in existing fleets to offset rising costs. While we are aware that this will impact a number of groups that schedule trips utilizing the connecting bus service, we hope that the alternatives such as San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) or San Francisco Bay Ferry can help with making the connection to San Francisco.
Also, requests for group travel will be accepted September 19 – November 21, 2019 and then resume January 15, 2020.
If this is your first time planning a trip for a group, please review our Group Leader Guide for reference.
- Business and social groups receive 50% off full fare ticket prices.
- Student groups fares cover round trip travel and are based on fare zones:
- Zone 1: Sacramento to Richmond $10.00
- Zone 2: Richmond to Oakland Coliseum: $5.00
- Zone 3: Oakland Coliseum to San Jose: $5.00
- Add zones to calculate total per person cost.
- All requests are due 21 days prior to departure date.
- Submit names of all passengers 10 days prior to departure date and allow two business days for processing.
- Payment is due at a staffed station 7 days prior to departure. ( Sacramento, Davis, Martinez, Emeryville, Oakland Jack London and San Jose ).
- To participate in the group travel program, there must be at least 20 passengers in your group. School groups require a 1:6 ratio for chaperones to students.
- Trains do have a maximum capacity, based on regular ridership. Please note those capacities and plan accordingly. Larger groups should consider splitting their groups to different trains and/or different dates of travel.
- Groups are restricted to the trains they may use for their trip. Please view our list of pre-approved trains to help plan your trip.
- Space limitations are firm, so please plan accordingly.
- The most popular train for groups headed to Sacramento is train 524—it fills up fast, especially on Thursday’s.
Travel Blackout Dates
- November 26-27 and 30, 2019
- December 20-22 and 29-31, 2019
- January 1, 2020
- May 25, 2020
Terms and conditions:
No additions or changes (including dates/schedules/number of passengers) can be made to the reservation once you have submitted your request. If you wish to make changes, this request must be canceled in writing, and you will be required to submit a new request for a travel date at least 21 days in advance of the departure date. Once canceled, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to reserve the same space. Tickets are non‐refundable. Refunds cannot be issued if you have fewer passengers traveling than listed in your request. You must pay full fare for passengers in excess of the number of people listed in your original request.
Thank you for your interest in the Capitol Corridor Group Travel Program. We are not currently accepting requests. Please return January 15 to submit new requests.
In the meantime, please check our Deals and Promotions page for other discounts offered through the Capitol Corridor.
For assistance with current reservations, please contact us at [email protected]