CARRY-ON PET POLICY
Pet parents – cats and dogs under 20 lbs can travel on Capitol Corridor for $29 one-way! If your furry family member fits the bill, take them on your next adventure. Check out the information below and how to book your next trip. Your Train. Your Way.
What to Know
As you plan your next train trip with your pet, note that we welcome a maximum of 6 pets per train. Booking needs to happen in advance and only one pet reservation is allowed per customer. Pets cannot be booked with multi-ride tickets, bus connections or with unaccompanied minors.
When at the station, your pet must always travel in a carrier, which counts as one piece of carry-on baggage, and the combined weight of your pet and carrier is 20lbs. Onboard the train, pets are not permitted in the Café or Quiet Cars. Amtrak and Capitol Corridor do not ship pets or allow them to travel as checked baggage.
How to Book
- Select your trip on the booking widget.
- Add your travel details and proceed until you see the option to customize your trip.
- Add a pet to your booking for $29.
- Contact 800-USA-RAIL if you need to modify your reservation.
- *Please note: Purchasing a ticket with a pet reservation means that you need to travel on the date you purchase your ticket for. This reservation is less flexible than our general unreserved tickets.