Capitol Corridor is a recipient of “Champion of Industry 300” Award for 2004!
Oakland, CA – In December, the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority (CCJPA) was selected as a recipient of the “Champion of Industry 300” Award for 2004, presented by Pat Summerall Productions. The selection committee noted the following accomplishments when considering us for this award:
- Bringing multiple transit authorities together to create a single managing authority
- Increasing ridership by 146% in the past 5 years
- Our commitment and passion regarding the service our organization provides
This award has given us the opportunity to be placed in the national spotlight for the CCJPA’s achievements in rail travel. In January, production began on 2-minute and 5-minute video announcements of our receiving this award–the videos offer an overview of our service and successes, and include interviews with Executive Director Thomas E. Margro, Director Pete Snyder, Managing Director Eugene K. Skoropowski, and CC Rider Estelle Shiroma, all onsite at the Emeryville station. Additionally, the 2-minute video will be streamed on the Internet and made available through the “Champion of Industry” icon on the Forbes.com website for a 24-hour period.
- What: Champion of Industry Award, 2 minute announcement
- Network: Headline News Network (CNN/HLN)
- Airdate: April 12, 2004
- Time: Sometime between 3:00 – 3:30 Pacific Time