The first phase of the Fix 50 highway work on US 50 in Sacramento during the months of April and May 2014 was completed ahead of schedule, on May 16. The work was originally scheduled for completion on May 22. Commuters will get break from traffic between now and May 27, when Phase 2 of the work is scheduled to being.
While this project does not significantly impact Capitol Corridor passengers, there was the potential for route diversion on Thruway Bus 3802 in the event of major traffic between Davis and Sacramento. Now that the work is complete, passengers can expect the route to consistently operate along US 50.
Please note that during Phase 2 of the highway work, May 27-June 25, 2014, there will be a minor schedule change for Thruway Bus 3447 between the Lake Tahoe area and Sacramento.
Bus 3447 will depart 20 minutes earlier than scheduled during the work period to accommodate longer travel times into Sacramento. Following are the new, temporary departure times during Phase 2 of the project:
- Stateline, NV Bus Stop – Depart 2:00PM
- Stateline, CA Transit Center Bus Stop – Depart 2:05PM
- South Lake Tahoe, CA Transit Center Bus Stop – Depart 2:15PM
- Placerville, CA Transit Center Bus Stop – Depart 3:35PM
- Sacramento, CA Amtrak Station – Arrive 5:25PM