Regular Schedule on Presidents’ Day
Capitol Corridor will operate on its regular schedule on Monday, February 17, instead of the weekend/holiday schedule. Please note that schedule changes go into effect that day as well, so if you’re travelling on the Monday holiday, be sure to check the new schedule. The article below provides a summary of the changes.
New Schedule Takes Effect February 17
On Monday, February 17 (Presidents’ Day), the Capitol Corridor will introduce its new winter timetable. The majority of the changes are minor schedule adjustments; however, there are several more significant changes designed to improve overall service:
- Train 529 will no longer stop at Oakland Coliseum, and instead terminate at Oakland Jack London Square.
- Train 548 will originate from the Oakland Coliseum station instead of Oakland Jack London Square. This will better accommodate Oakland A’s fans during weekday night games.
- Train 549 will depart 20 minutes earlier from Sacramento, at 6:50 p.m. instead of 7:10 p.m.
- Train 549 will also extend to the Oakland Coliseum station instead of terminating at Oakland Jack London Square.
- Train 748 on Saturday, Sunday and holidays will depart San Jose Diridion later – at 9:10 p.m. instead of 7:50 p.m. This will better accommodate Sharks fans during weekend night games.
Final Phase of Track Work to Begin February 8
The third and final phase of Capitol Corridor’s tie replacement project will begin on Saturday, February 8 and is scheduled to be completed by Saturday, February 15. The work is taking place between 7:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m., and during this time, trains will run on a modified schedule. Please see the related service advisory for more details about this work.
Take Capitol Corridor to the A’s Fan Fest
The Super Bowl is behind us, and that can mean only one thing . . . baseball season is right around the corner! Capitol Corridor is excited to be partnering again with the AL West Division champs for the 2014 season. We hope A’s fans are planning to take Capitol Corridor to the Fan Fest on Saturday, February 8, as well to as regular-season games beginning on March 31 with the A’s home opener. Go A’s!