On Monday, July 28, 2014, Capitol Corridor will implement a new schedule affecting weekend train service, as well as some connecting bus routes. Highlights include:
- No changes to the weekday train schedule – changes affect weekend trains only.
- Rescheduled morning and afternoon/evening trains from San Jose to accommodate passengers attending events at the new Levi’s Stadium (Santa Clara/Great America Station).
- Reopening of the downtown San Francisco Financial District/Hyatt connecting bus stop.
- More efficient bus service from San Francisco to Emeryville for Train 542 connections.
The following schedule adjustments will go into effect on Monday, July 28:
Eastbound train changes:
- 720 Departs Oakland Jack London Station 30 minutes later
- 728 Departs San Jose 20 minutes later
- 736 Service now originates out of Oakland Jack London Square Station
- 738 Service originates out of San Jose; operates 20 minutes later out of Oakland Jack London Square Station
- 742 Departs San Jose 45 minutes later
- 744 Departs San Jose 15 minutes later
Westbound train changes:
- 723 Departs Sacramento 10 minutes later
- 727 Departs Sacramento 30 minutes later
- 729 Departs Auburn 5 minutes later; service extended to San Jose
- 733 Service terminates at Oakland Coliseum Station
- 741 Departs Sacramento 5 minutes earlier
Bus connection changes:
- Some connecting bus schedules associated with the new train times may be affected.
- More efficient bus service from San Francisco to Emeryville for weekday connections to Train 542.
- The San Francisco Financial District/Hyatt stop is reopening.
This new schedule, effective on July 28, will be available soon on the Capitol Corridor website, as well as at stations and on board trains.