Buy one full-fare ticket and bring up to 5 companions for $5 each person, each way on weekends and holiday Mondays.
Buy Your Discount Tickets Now!
Discounted tickets are only sold online. Booking your trip on the Capitol Corridor couldn’t be easier—simply click the “Buy Now” button below.
Please note that when booking, you must select “Adult” as the Passenger Type for all passengers, including Children and Seniors, in order to receive the discount fare.
Take 5 Takes You to Great Destinations!
Stretching from Sacramento/Sierra Foothills to San Jose, the Capitol Corridor gets you around Northern California comfortably and conveniently. And the trip is even better with $5 companion fares.
Sacramento – One of Sacramento’s most popular tourist destinations, the California State Railroad Museum illustrates railroad history in California and the West.
Suisun-Fairfield – Suisun City is situated by the largest contiguous estuarine marsh in the United States. With a bicycle and sense of adventure, anyone can take the train to Suisun and explore this unique habitat.
San Francisco – Through our convenient connector bus, travel to the City by the Bay and tour its hilly landscapes, the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars, and colorful Victorian houses.
Oakland Jack London Square – Experience exciting waterfront restaurants and shops, the historic USS Potomac, plus a farmers market on Sundays. All just a short walk from the Capitol Corridor station!
Santa Clara-Great America – Soak up the summer at the 100-acre Great America amusement park, featuring a roller coaster and over 40 other rides and attractions.
Sports & Entertainment Events – Avoid traffic and parking hassles. Take the Capitol Corridor to exciting sports and entertainment events in San Jose, Santa Clara, Sacramento, and Oakland.
And check out our route map for even more exciting destinations.
Terms and Conditions
• This offer is exclusively available at www.amtrak.com and www.capitolcorridor.org.
• This offer is valid for sale between Now – March 30, 2019 and valid for travel between Dec 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 on Saturdays, Sundays, and Monday holidays (February 18, 2019).
• Blackout days apply on all Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays, Fridays, and all Mondays that are not holidays.
• Advance reservations are required a minimum of one (1) day prior to travel.
• This offer includes a $5.00 rail fare for up to (5) five companions traveling with a paid regular (full) fare adult.
• This offer is valid for travel on the Capitol Corridor service.
• This offer is valid on thruways that serve the following cities only: San Francisco, Auburn, Rocklin, Roseville, and Colfax, California.
• Travel is prohibited on all additional thruways that serve the Capitol Corridor route.
• This offer is valid for coach seats. Seating is limited; seats may not be available on all trains at all times.
• The companions and regular full fare passenger must travel together on the same itinerary and have tickets issued together.
• The companions are subject to the same restrictions and conditions as the regular full fare passenger.
• In addition to the discount restrictions; this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts, and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased.
• Fares, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted.
• This offer is not combinable with any other discount offer.
• Other restrictions may apply.
• Amtrak is a registered service mark of the National Railroad Passenger Corporation. Capitol Corridor is a registered service mark of the Capitol Corridor Joint Powers Authority.
Valid for Sale
Now – March 30, 2019
Valid for Travel
Dec 1, 2018 – March 31, 2019 on Saturdays, Sundays, and holiday Mondays only.