Capitol Corridor to Offer Special California Everyday Discounts for Seniors, Passengers with Disabilities, and Students
Effective Sunday, January 7, 2018, the Capitol Corridor will be introducing new California Everyday Discounts for Seniors, Passengers with Disabilities, and Students. We developed the California Everyday Discounts program in coordination with California’s two other intercity rail services, the San Joaquins and the Pacific Surfliner, in response to changes Amtrak will be implementing to its nationwide Everyday Discounts program. Following are the Amtrak discount changes going into effect on January 7:
- 15% Senior Discount reduced to 10% and applicable age increased from 62 to 65
- 15% Disabled Passenger Discount reduced to 10%
- 15% Student Discount discontinued
- 50% Child Discount limited to one child per paid adult instead of 2 children per paid adult
We know there are many choices for traveling in Northern California, and we are committed to offering the greatest value possible to our passengers, while delivering safe, convenient, and high quality service. By preserving many of the current everyday discounts passengers are used to receiving through Amtrak, the California Everyday Discounts program ensures that we remain an affordable and accessible travel option in the communities we serve.
Passengers who are traveling with children between 2 and 12 can maximize family savings by booking online with Friends & Family, available every day of the week with a one-day advance purchase.
How to Take Advantage of California Everyday Discounts
To continue receiving the 15% Senior, Disabled Passenger, and Student discounts, Capitol Corridor riders should book their travel through the Capitol Corridor website. There will be changes in how these discounts are applied; however, going through www.capitolcorridor.org is the easiest and most reliable way to access these special passenger type fares. Here’s how to make sure you receive your discount.
- 15% SENIOR DISCOUNT: On the booking engine of the Capitol Corridor homepage, select “Adult” as your passenger type AND enter the code V282 in the promo code field. Using this code will ensure you receive an additional 5% discount beyond Amtrak’s 10% national discount, for a total Senior Discount of 15%. By using this code, you will also be able to receive the 15% discount if you are 62 or older, instead of Amtrak’s applicable age of 65.
- 15% DISABLED PASSENGER DISCOUNT: On the booking engine of the Capitol Corridor homepage, select “Adult” as your passenger type AND the select “Passenger With Disabilities” (PWD) in the sub-menu that appears. After making those selections enter the code V577 into the promo code field. Using this code will ensure you receive an additional 5% discount beyond Amtrak’s 10% national discount, for a total Disabled Passenger Discount of 15%.
- 15% STUDENT DISCOUNT: On the booking engine of the Capitol Corridor homepage, select “Adult” as your passenger type AND enter the code V353 into the promo code field.
Booking Through Amtrak
We strongly encourage passengers to book their travel on www.capitolcorridor.org; however, if you are booking through Amtrak.com, you must use one of the following discount codes in the promo code field to receive the California Everyday Discounts:
SENIOR – V282
DISABLED PASSENGER – V577
STUDENT – V353
You may also use these codes to receive your discount when booking via 1-800-USA-RAIL, at a staffed station, or at a Ticket Kiosk kiosk.
The California Everyday Discounts are not supported on the Amtrak App at this time.